The Hungarian House of Photography is hosted in a building which has been declared a national monument since 1996. The building used to belong to Mai Mano, the official photographer of the Imperial Court, who lived between 1855 and 1917.

The Hungarian House of Photography is managed by the Hungarian Association of Photographers, and, besides the sundry exhibits organized here, it is also home to a library and a book shop specialized in this specific field. It is, in fact, the main promoter and the center of contemporary photography in Hungary.

The museum is also available for organizing sundry cultural events.

Name:
Hungarian House of Photography (Magyar Fotografusok Haza)
Address:
20, Nagymezo utca, 1065, Budapest, Hungary
Telephone:
0036 1 4732666
Fax:
0036 1 4732662
Email:
maimano@maimano.hu
Website:
www.maimano.hu

20, Nagymezo utca, 1065, Budapest, Hungary

Go to top