The Petofi Bridge of Budapest was opened to public traffic in 1937, after the completion of the construction works (initiated in 1933). The chief architect was Pal Algyai Hubert, and it originally bore the name of Horthy Miklos. At present it is named after Sandor Petofi, one of the most important national poets of Hungary.

Petofi Hid is the second southernmost bridge of Budapest, only after the Lagymanyos Bridge, and it counts 514 meters in length, being a little over 25 meters wide. It too shared the fate of other bridges in Budapest, having been destroyed during the Second World War and then rebuilt.

Name:
Petofi Bridge (Petofi Hid)
Address:
Budapest, Hungary

Petofi Hid, Budapest, Hungary

Go to top